A big event first time ever event is happening this September in Kingston, Ontario!
I am planning a big curly hair meetup on September 28th! You guys get to hear about everything first! I’ll post more on social media about this event soon, so make sure you’re following me on Instagram and Facebook; you can find those links here on my website. All you need to do right now is save this date on your calendar. The event will be held at the Ambassador Hotel & Conference Centre has free parking, hotel group rates (more on that detail coming soon) and the event will have space for 150 wavy and curly haired people! Tickets will be available through my social media soon…stay tuned!I think this may be the first one of its kind in Canada! Have you ever heard of an event like this happening in Canada before?
These are the details that I can share so far about this upcoming event:
- Guest speaker:Dr Susan Walker, ND, WTS and Founder of Earthtones Naturals,
- Guest artist: Jennessa Couture, Lead Educator for DevaCurl in Canada
- Product application demos (several curl types)
- Product swap table (bring your Curly Girl method friendly gently used bottles from your product graveyard!)
- Product packs for sale (wavy, curly, super curly)
- swag bags (first people to enter >>> numbers TBA!)
- gift basket raffle with all proceeds going to local charity
- cutting demos on stage by Curl Stylists Jennessa Couture of Bounce Salon in Windsor, ON and myself, Krista Leavitt – Curl Specialist of Kingston, ON.
- tickets will have a small price (TBA) and any proceeds from the event registration will also go to local charities
- red carpet curl walk for the best photo ops!
Any other fun ideas, please share them with me at firstname.lastname@example.org. What am I forgetting to make this event even more awesome?
I cannot wait to see you there. It will be so fun to get the local curly community together and make new connections!